Why is this measure important?
This measure tracks MCPL's goal to provide inspiring, engaging, and relevant resources, services, and opportunities to learn for all County residents in a cost-effective way.
Projections fluctuate based upon personnel costs driven by labor agreements, inflation, and net changes in service levels for individual years due to changed investment in library materials, service hours, programming resources, and closures for refresh and renovation, including use of nearby branches and interim facilities.
For more information, please see the "Use of Library Services" measure.
Factors contributing to current performance
- Offered free branch programs and library services to meet the educational, informational and recreational needs of a diverse County community
- Developed new library services and acquired new resources to meet the changing needs and desires of County residents
Factors restricting performance improvement
- Difficulties in accurately capturing some data points (WiFi, Information Questions) and thereby comprehensively tracking all service utilization
- Closed two branches during FY17 for "refresh," which puts downward pressure on service utilization
Performance improvement plan
- Try to anticipate your reader’s questions.
- Think about the next steps (if there are any) so you can point your reader in the right direction.
- Use your reader’s words so your information is easy to understand.
- Have fun! No seriously, have fun!