Factors contributing to current performance
- Most of the members of OPI are growing increasingly familiar with effective social media practices (lexicon; rules of engagement; tactics; etc.).
- A former journalist who is media savvy has been designated to fill the position of Deputy Social Media Chief helped tremendously and the end result has been made manifest in an exponential growth in performance.
Factors restricting performance improvement
- The inability to hire an additional Public Information Officer (PIO) with the skill sets needed to improve the talent level of our end-strength and take on a greater share of the workload.
- Budgetary and spatial limitations inhibit forward progress.
Performance improvement plan
- Continue to invest in formalized training opportunities for OPI staff.
- Continue to employ and exploit OJT opportunities to develop experience levels of current staff.
- Ensure new personnel acquisitions are experienced in social media tactics and strategies.