Why is this measure important?
- The web and mobile portals provide the most efficient and cost-effective way of obtaining County Government information and services.
- This measure is calculated by dividing the number of fulfillment service requests received by the online portals over the number of total fulfillment service requests received by MC311.
Factors contributing to current performance
- Web Portal usage continues to increase, which helps divert some simple, routine requests from the MC311 Customer Service Center.
Factors restricting performance improvement
- While a computer savvy generation may look for online options, some customers may not feel as comfortable using the MC311 website and therefore prefer calling 311.
- Staffing levels also contribute to this factor. Callers who may not want to wait for a live rep may choose to access the portal for assistance.
Performance improvement plan
- Depending upon resource availability, MC311 may consider offering a "how to" demo online to encourage greater web use, and demonstrate that ease of locating information and creating a request for service.
- MC311 is also, considering an advertising campaign targeted to Seniors and/or other groups who prefer the "human touch" of speaking with a live representative.