Why is this measure important?
- "First Call Resolution" is a key component for tracking efficiency and responsiveness.
Factors contributing to current performance
- This number represents General Information calls handled in the Customer Service Center that do not require back office fulfillment. Therefore, they are handled in a timely manner on the first call. The better prepared the Customer Service Representative is to handle calls, the more likely it is the call can be handled as a first call resolution.
- Training and CSR availability.
Factors restricting performance improvement
- MC311 is handling more complex phone calls that require fulfillment at the department level.
Performance improvement plan
- Continue to handle General Information calls on the first call.
- Provide the departments with accurate and pertinent information that is needed for back office fulfillment.