- Updated and improved website information, making the information more accessible to the public and reducing the cost of printing.
- Enhanced the system to keep track of Council action on bills and resolutions to help ensure the Council's decisions are reflectedaccurately and appropriately in State advocacy.
- Coordinated and worked with Department of Technology Services to implement IT improvements and support.
- Continued to look for, and initiate changes in, the office day-to-day processes to improve efficiency at reduced costs in both theRockville and Annapolis offices, including scanning of the legislative bill files so that the information is accessible at all time.
- Provided updated data for the dataMontgomery Dataset Publishing Plan.
Collaborations and partnerships
- Developed and hosted an orientation program for newly-elected State Legislators and Councilmembers, with presentations byCounty officials and officials from Montgomery College, Montgomery County Public Schools, the Washington Suburban SanitaryCommission, and the Maryland National Capital Park and Planning Commission.
- Worked with the Maryland Congressional Delegation to secure $100 million in federal transportation funding towards construction of the Purple Line.
- Attended and participated in regular National Association of Counties (NACo) Washington Representatives legislative strategy sessions, as well as increased involvement with the National Association of Counties Intergovernmental Relations Organization (NACIRO) and Association of Government Relations Professionals (AGRP).
- Continued to meet with County directors and key staff to explain the State and federal priorities processes so as to maximize opportunities.
(Source: FY2017 Proposed Operating Budget, Accomplishments and Productivity Improvements Section)