Why is this measure important?
When Ride On does not keep constant with the population growth, there is
increased demand on other transportation programs such as traffic lane
Factors contributing to current performance
- Service provided to population centers;
- Metrobus serves some of county's larger urban areas;
is affected by Metrorail performance, low fuel prices and more
employers offering flexible work schedules. These factors reduce the
number of days that people commute to work using public transportation.
- Population is increasing.
Factors restricting performance improvement
- Limited service in some parts of county due to lower densities and high costs to provide service
- Lower fuel prices mean more people are driving in Single Occupancy Vehicles
Performance improvement plan
- Periodic adjustments to service levels and new bus routes are required to meet growth markets and new service areas where feasible.
- Advertising of bus service and benefits