Why is this measure important?
Measures accuracy of cost estimates and encourages responsible management of public funds.
Factors contributing to current performance
- PDF budgets prepared based on realistic assessment of financial risks on project by project basis.
Factors restricting performance improvement
- SHA/FHWA Regulatory Oversight delays (Federal Aid projects).
- Retirements/Staffing in MCDOT.
- M-NCPPC park permit requirements beyond approved plans.
Performance improvement plan
- Work closely with regulatory agencies to ensure project scope is better defined and agreed upon early in project development.
- Improve coordination with FHWA, SHA District 3, M-NCPPC and DPS to monitor progress and process improvements.