Why is this measure important?
This measure provides information on how efficiently the department is using its resources.
Factors contributing to current performance
- Hired a Director with private sector experience; a Senior Marketing Officer to build a customer focused culture and improve retail programming; a Pricing Team to improve accuracy and competitiveness; and an Administrative Team to improve oversight and analysis.
- Improved our pricing program by implementing a more realistic and flexible mark-up system.
- Installed and implemented many technological upgrades to our Warehouse Operations which have drastically improved accuracy and efficiency.
Factors restricting performance improvement
- Non-negotiable costs such as personnel costs, leases and utilities comprise a large part of the cost of sales.
Performance improvement plan
- Continue to identify and implement efficiency measures where possible.