Factors contributing to current performance
- PIO promotes and pushes interesting, newsworthy events and schedules them (as circumstances allow) at convenient times and locations for press, facilitating greater attendance.
Factors restricting performance improvement
- Competing events, difficult-to-reach locations, bad weather (with no viable foul-weather alternative) and other circumstantial challenges all restrict attendance.
Performance improvement plan
- Continue to schedule newsworthy events and notify press in a timely manner, pitching the visual opportunities and news value of the event.
- PIO will work to ensure that events are easily accessible, do not conflict with other engagements throughout the County and State, and that contingencies are accounted for in the planning phase.
- Hold deeper discussions with departments on their needs and the ways in which PIO can ensure better coverage and support their missions including promoting their events through news releases, news conferences, and other opportunities.