Why is this measure important?
Measures accuracy of estimated schedules and encourages timely delivery of needed transportation improvements.
Factors contributing to current performance
- Monthly meetings with SHA and M-NCPPC format changed to focus on specific issues.
- Innovative project delivery methods such as CMAR and Design-Build.
Factors restricting performance improvement
- Permitting Delays by County's Department of Permitting Services.
- SHA/FHWA Regulatory Oversight delays (Federal Aid projects) associated with grant funding.
- MNCPPC Regulatory Issues (stream restoration) and Permitting Delays.
- Retirements/Staffing in MCDOT.
- Purple Line plan reviews.
- Utility companies' coordination and construction delays related to plan coordination.
Performance improvement plan
- Work closely with regulatory and funding agencies such as FHWA, SHA District 3, M-NCPPC and DPS to monitor progress and process improvements.
- Improve utility coordination efforts.
- Hire staff to fill vacant positions.