Why is this measure important?
This determines the Quality of Delivery of the Department's Warehouse Operation.
Factors contributing to current performance
- Improving the time of delivery of stock products. Deliveries are made within 24 hours of ordering, instead of the previous 48-hour delivery time frame
- Integrating software into the night order-selection to optimize manpower and minimize errors.
- Restructuring of Nightshift personnel
Factors restricting performance improvement
- The complexity and volume of special order items
Performance improvement plan
- Reduce damage to products
- Reduce number of special order products
- Re-engineer the layout and flow of the warehouse to increase efficiency and productivity and increase the overall warehouse space from 240,000 sq. ft. to 410,000 sq. ft. through vertical elevation.
- Increase efficiency and reducing costs through conveyor lines, a cart system for special orders of beer, wine and distilled spirits; and new racking in the refrigerated keg room.
- Establishing a pricing department to better serve our customers by offering products at prices competitive with surrounding jurisdictions, and finance the program with the savings obtained in the optimization of manpower in the warehouse.